If Javascript is disabled browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

SF Chinatown

Walked SF Chinatown during the Pre-New Year Celebration.  The New Year starts on Tuesday, February 1st, the Year of the Rabbit (Xin Mao). 

Photo was taken at SF Chinatown and enhanced with the new software purchased at Macworld 2011

ISO 200, 16 mm f/6.3, 1/500 sec
ISO 200, 44 mm, f/4.5, 1/400 sec
Several blocks were blocked and businesses  overflowed onto the sidewalks and streets to display their products and try to draw people in.  Live fish, fresh meats, toys, trinkets, scarfs, produce, and flowers were intermingling within each block.  I was shutter happy with all the people, colors, and culture. 



Just by chance I was at the right place at the right time to see a Chinese New Year Parade.

Yes, I did jump in the middle of the parade to make this shot.

Thank goodness for hills in SF.  I was able to capture this performance since it was on a decline from where I was standing.
ISO 200, 75mm, f/11, 1/160 sec,  with SB-600

No comments:

Post a Comment