If Javascript is disabled browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Photoshop World Expo Faces

During the time between classroom lectures at Photoshop World Expo, I would grab any opportunity to capture some of the "professionals" (that's an understatement) on camera.  Not only did the "pros" allow me to take their picture, but they answered photography questions, inspired me, and even allowed me to have my picture taken with them and/or received a hug or hand shake which made me feel a part of this pool of creativity.

Jay Maisel
Cliff Mautner


Frank Doorhof
David Ziser







Just before the Pre-Conference classes were to begin, Joe McNally was spotted in the hallway heading toward his classroom. A classmate was able to stop Joe and start a conversation. I happened to be there and I was able to "mingle" with Joe McNally for 3 minutes and 21.0032 seconds.  All I did was stare at him and try to engage in the conversation between Joe and the classmate. I decided if I can't talk, I have to at least touch his shoulder. I slowly reached out to his shoulder (to give him enough time to swat my hand or scream for security) and applied a small amount of pressure on his top right shoulder. Joe automatically assumed there was something on his shirt that needed to be removed. While Joe attempted to brush off something that wasn't even there, I finally opened my mouth and said, "I just had to touch you (with a smile)." We all laughed and Joe responded by saying, "Oh, we need a group hug!" We all laughed as Joe embraced us. I never did get a picture of Joe McNally during the week.  I held off since I will see him soon enough in Boston. I think it will be a better opportunity since it's a full day with Joe and Dave Hobby.

The view of Convention Center from my room.


I'm still on a high from the amazing opportunity attending the Photoshop World Expo in Orlando. Not only did I reflect on what I learned everyday while I was there, but since I've returned I think it and dream it. I actually woke myself from my sleep last night after calling out "ambient light!?!" I've been known to talk in my sleep, but that's just a little too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment