If Javascript is disabled browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Friday, February 25, 2011

On the Road

Actually, I'm not traveling right now.  "On the Road" is in reference to life on the road.  The road is the road that leads to my house.

Just about every day, I get to walk my dogs a couple of miles.  All to get exercise, bonding time, and some fresh New England air.
Scooter (Aussie/Mix) being the latest addition to the family has taken to Shadow (Germain Wired Hair/Lab - the elder dog) and has taken the lead.  Every time I latch the leashes on the dogs, Scooter insists on walking Shadow.  This is the typical view I get while walking the road.  I just so happened to finally capture it.

ISO 200, 150mm, f/9.0, 1/400 sec

Today was the first snow storm in a last couple of weeks. It was also the first time I haven't had to worry about plowing the road, shoveling, or delaying/canceling work due to snow expectation of 4-8" (Film Crew from Momentary Times had house/ road maintenance duties today- we're using my log cabin as a base for a documentary on which I'm Creative Director).
ISO 800, 170mm, f/7.1, 1/125 sec 




Not only did I not have to worry about snow, but I'm glad I had my camera sitting in my passenger seat as my co-pilot ready for the unexpected moment/s.  The following photos were taken within a mile from my house on my way heading out to work.  A Barred Owl perched at 7AM waiting for prey.

ISO 800, 200mm, f/5.6, 1/125 sec (cropped)

No comments:

Post a Comment