If Javascript is disabled browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Long Winter Nights

This post is dedicated to my brother, Dave.  

This long Winter is almost over.  
I share with you my favorite photo I took in January 2011. This photo has so much more meaning than just icicles, stars, and the moon with "good exposure". I remember how cold it was the night I took this photograph. Before opening the door to head outside with my camera, I thought to myself how beautiful the night was without realizing how brutal the elements outside could be without mittens, a winter jacket zipped up, and a hat to keep my ears warm. In this photo, I was looking to capture my perspective of the winter nights here in New Hampshire. Little did I know, this photo I took was the beginning of a long, cold, snow-filled season.  



It's March now, and the cold nights and challenges with snow/ice are finally coming to an end. I'm optimistic plowing and shoveling are no longer a priority to getting to work in the morning. The last several nights I've been looking to the sky with a smile of hope knowing Spring is near. I'm anxiously waiting to hear the birds sing in the morning and for me to spend more time outdoors without my jacket zipped up.

For each day that passes, it's clear to me better weather and better days are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment